Upon completion of your Summary form, we invite you to return here to make your payment by credit card. To complete your payment, please have your summary form handy, as you will need the total to insert on the payment page. If you are paying by check, please send your completed form and payment to the address listed below. If paying by credit card, upon completion of your payment, please mail your entry/summary forms to:
Liz Finch, ATG Treasurer
4420 Morella Ave.
Studio City, CA 91607 USA
Phone (818) 766-3101 or
Entry Form and Competition Rules in .pdf format
The Accordionists and Teachers Guild, International, a non-profit educational organization devoted to the advancement of the accordion, holds an Annual Festival each summer. These Festivals are moved among various cities as a means of reaching out to as many different people interested in the instrument as possible. This year the event will be held July 22-25 in Lisle, IL (a suburb of Chicago) at the Hyatt Lisle Hotel which is very close to O’Hare International Airport.
One of the concerts presented during the event will be on Friday, July 24, at 3 PM and will be devoted entirely to Original Music Written for the Accordion, both newly-composed and from previous years. Performers will be accordion soloists and accordionists playing with other musicians in groups of varying sizes.
Winners of the ATG 2015 Competition to Select Newly-written Original Works for the Accordion will have the opportunity to have their compositions performed on this concert and all winners will be recognized onstage.
Rules for the Competition:
- 1. The submitted composition must be a solo written especially for this event; it must be newly composed and must not have been previously published or performed.
- 2. This particular competition is for composers from the USA who have never written for the accordion. It is designed to introduce the instrument to new and/or young composers who have had no previous experience writing for the accordion. There is no age limit, however. If needed, information regarding the range of the instrument and other details are available from Joansommers@kc.rr.com
- 3. The duration must not be more than 5 minutes in length and no less than 3 minutes.
- 4. The piece may be written in any style.
- 5. The composition may be written for any type of piano accordion or chromatic accordion and
may include left-hand free bass, stradella, either alone or with both free bass and stradella
system. Electronic or MIDI instruments may not be used in this year’s competition.
- 6. All entries must be submitted via e-mail and must include the following:
1) manuscripts must be submitted as a pdf; no hand-written music will be accepted. The name of the
composer must NOT be included on the submitted manuscript.
2) a recording of the piece, such as an mp3.
3) a description of the work of no more than 50 words.
4) a biography of the composer of no more than 50 words.
- 7. There is NO required entry fee.
- 8. There will be awards as follows:
Top three winners will have their pieces performed on the July 24 Concert at the Festival.
First Place Winner will receive a prize of $500.
Second Place Winner will receive a prize of $300.
Third Place Winner will receive a prize of $200.
- 9. No manuscripts will be returned; entrants should be sure to keep their own copies; none will
be published or distributed without written permission from the composer.
- 10. All entries must be received by the Chair of the Composition Competition no later than April
1 in order for their entries to be adjudicated and given out for performance on the July 24
Original Music Concert. If the composer of the selected pieces wishes to perform the piece,
that would be accepted, of course; otherwise a performer will be selected to do so.
- 11. All entries will be adjudicated by a panel of ATG adjudicators. All decisions are final and
may not be challenged. The ATG has the right not to award all three prizes if the quality of
the entries does not warrant the awards.
- 12. Additional information regarding writing for the instrument is available from Joan Sommers or
you may read more at www.claudiojacomucci.com/MAP.html
- 13. All entries must be sent via e-mail to: Joansommers@kc.rr.com
- 14. All entries must be received no later than May 1, 2015.