Gary Dahl is widely known as a virtuoso accordionist as well as a composer, arranger, recording artist and music educator, with an extensive background in music theory, composition and harmony.
Gary developed an impressive body of work including hundreds of individual arrangements, ten eBook collections and more than a dozen books currently in publication by Mel Bay Publications.
As a recognized teacher, Gary provided specialized training for all levels of students. Gary's students have won national and state competitions as well as achieving professional status.
The Gary Dahl trio plus vocalist performed regularly at private clubs, hotels and the lounge circuit from 1960 through 1991. Gary was a graduate of the University of Washington specializing in composition and theory and was a former commercial corporate pilot, flight instructor and corporate sales manager.
Numerous requests from students and friends searching for high level professional accordion arrangements inspired Gary Dahl to create a library over 20 years with the following goals:
- Creativity, good taste, harmonically/melodically correct
- Music with a sensible degree of difficulty, such that any additional difficulty would not improve the overall sound of the arrangement
- Guaranteed audience appeal and playing enjoyment
- Utilizing the orchestral capabilities of the accordion
- Music that will excite and challenge intermediate through professional
- Convenient and accessible PDF format (see the eBook and Sheet Music sections above for samples)
Both eBook and individual solo sheet music arranged by Gary Dahl are available (above), as well as an extensive set of books through Mel Bay.
BOOKS BY GARY DAHL FOR MEL BAY PUBLICATIONS
Order all Mel Bay Books direct from Melbay.com